Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0 missing keystrokes
Robert
2009-01-19 19:53:02 UTC
Is there any fix for the wireless keyboard to not miss keystrokes? Usually
whenever I have two or more of the same letters/numbers together, the
keyboard misses them. Very frustrating.

I've loaded latest drivers, checked around for other sources of emissions,
tried to re-synch the keyboard....anything else before I give up and get a
different keyboard?

Thanks in advance!
Robert
Hillbilly
2009-01-21 02:27:01 UTC
My new keyboard 6000 v3.0 is missing keystrokes and sometimes locks up
completely. The keyboard is only a couple of feet from the receiver. I have
re-installed all hardware twice and put in fresh batteries twice with no
improvement. I am also curious why there are no wireless tabs in the
Keyboard/Mouse Properties box to monitor signal quality and battery usage. I
also am about to give up and purchase another brand.
DataRecLab
Robert
Dan
2009-02-12 15:30:23 UTC
I have the same issue. I find it either completely misses keystrokes for a
few minutes or repeats them incorrectly. I can't find any other mention of
this on the internet however, hopefully they will respond to this forum.
Robert
James
Robert
kstrehle
2009-05-13 21:56:08 UTC
I'm with all of you on this one... this KB/Mouse is pretty much a piece of
crap. The fact that MS has not responded in their own forum tells me they
don't care. Hope there is a fix.

One thing that did help me was to disconnect my LeapFrog 2.4 ghz wireless
transmitter. Might help others as well if you're using a 2.4 ghz device in
your home. However it didn't solve the problem. Only made it a little less
annoying.
Robert
James
2009-05-14 00:34:07 UTC
I'm thinking it has something to do with sleep mode, mine craps out after the
computer is brought back up after in sleep mode.

Funny thing, today I was in Best Buy and this combo was on CLEARANCE to get
rid of them.....hmmmmmm
Robert
mattcarteaux
2009-06-07 18:52:01 UTC
The problem is that your keyboard is dying. Mine did exactly what you've all
posted. At the 6th month ownership mark the battery warning light came on,
and even with brand new Duracell Ultras the light still continuously fades in
and out and the keyboard refuses to work what so ever. I have to type with
the on-screen keyboard. It's frustrating.
spikerek
2009-06-27 11:30:01 UTC
I recently purchased the wireless desktop 6000 and I am having trouble with
the mouse and keyboard just stop working for 15 - 30 seconds. I am
regretting having purchased this set. Hope Microsoft comes out with a fix
soon .
Cathy Moya [MS]
2009-06-29 16:48:42 UTC
If you think you have a problem that might be covered under the warranty,
you can contact warranty support directly and see what they say. If you are
in North America:

For fastest replacement of broken or defective products call warranty
directly: For US warranty support, call (800)-360-7561. For Canadian
warranty support, call (800)-933-4750. Or see this KB article for more
information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246

If you're somewhere else, let me know and I can try and find the number for
you.
--
Cathy Moya
Microsoft Hardware User Experience

www.microsoft.com/hardware
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
VManiac16
2009-07-01 16:00:01 UTC
I just received a Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0 and wireless laser mouse 6000.
The keyboard and mouse lockup and miss keystrokes at apparently random
intervals. It is incredible frustrating. I've googled it and found "No
Joy". Are you telling me this is a common thing with no known fix! Geez.
spikerek
2009-07-06 01:22:01 UTC
As suggested by another user, I purchased a remote USB hub and placed the
receiver card about 1 foot from the mouse. I have had no more stoppages from
either the keyboard or mouse. I am leery about asking for a replacement
because the new one would probably be just as bad, if not worse, than the one
I have.
Laurie
2009-07-31 11:58:01 UTC
I also have the Wireless Keyboard 6000 v3.0 and mouse combo. I love my
keyboard. I have had occasional problems where my keyboard misses a
keystroke, but I find I have other electronics (cell phone or portable house
phone) nearby when it happens. Move them and my problem is resolved. My
problem is the usb got jammed sideways and now it won't recognize my usb
device. Any way to replace it without replacing the whole thing? I miss my
keyboard. I use it on my laptop and I don't like my laptop keyboard.

Thanks
Robert
Chad
2009-09-22 21:11:06 UTC
Yep, same issue for me too. I can't believe how bad this keyboard is and no
fix or response from Microsoft.

If anyone is considering purchasing this mouse and keyboard combo I'd warn
against it. Very frustrating and annoying
Robert
Mike
2009-12-04 21:58:02 UTC
I agree with everyone on this site regarding the kb/mouse. I just built a
computer and loaded Windows 7 and began having issues with the mouse/kb. I
used the same mouse/kb with my old computer running XP with no issues; As
soon as I switched over to my new computer the keyboard locks up (just did it
while writing this 3 times) and the mouse stops moving every couple of mins.
This thing is junk, MS should either release a fix or refund all of us.

By the way this happened a couple of years back with the Xbox CD Rom, they
denied anything was wrong until a bunch of us complained the BBB out in
Washington. I was part of the complaint against them, they didn't want to
address it in the begining, but I (and everyone involved) received checks in
the mail.
Robert
SizzleLean
2009-12-15 00:36:01 UTC
I'm glad to hear that other people are having the same problem. I have
trouble enough with my typing to have a keyboard that goes through "dead
spells". Additionally, the scrolling functionality frequently screws up
running all the way to the end (or to the top) of a page until I move the
wheel on the mouse. The only device on my desk is the router for Verizon
FIOS service. The distance from my mouse to the USB port for the wireless
device is about 18 inches.
--
Sizzle